11.11.2010

Perez Hilton - From the Heartless to the Heart

The Queen is dead.

Touting a self-named website that is one of the most popular celebu-sites online, Perez Hilton has amassed a small fortune talking smack and kicking ass as one of the only bloggers who had the balls to go after Hollywood with no apologies and a witty, smartass wink and a smile.  Not anymore though - he has recently spoken out about negativity and bullying with a straight face - the one ideal her majesty once ruled with a vengeance.

Born, Mario Armando Lavandeira Jr., Perez Hilton (a play on Paris Hilton) used to garner huge hits for outing celebs and snarky doodling.  Now, in a post-bullying-suicide world he has chosen a more demure route as Mr. Nice Guy - turning his back on the very shtick that made his blog stand out from the rest.

Admittedly, I was one of his biggest fans…Hell, bitch was my homepage.  But now, sadly as most things do, his time in the limelight seems to be ending.  With a quasi-relationship with the very celebs he once bashed and an insatiable taste for his own fame, Perez has gone from an unapologetic celebu-blogger to a typical star-seeking bitch.

I don’t condone being an asshole…but I also don’t like my intelligence being insulted…for someone to build a fortune on negativity and then try to school me on how negativity breeds violence is insane.  Hypocritical in fact…and I hate hypocrites.

Yeah, yeah, you were on some reality shows and a handful of talk shows…and apparently you recorded a song called “The Clap” which I haven’t heard but is described simply as being a song about Gonorrhoea, you represent a few musical artists on your music label -  Darelle London, who seems to be the Canadian equivalent of Lily Allen (someone Perez formerly bashed shamelessly) and Sliimy who put out a dope cover of Womanizer but that may be the best thing I can say about him - but other then that your celebrity, the very celebrity you have spent years building from behind a computer (which, I‘ll admit is impressive) seems non-existent at best.  Seems kissing Lady Gaga’s ass can only get you so far in LaLaLand.

Now with the tides changing and the world becoming increasingly more sensitive (something that pisses me off to no end) he’s turned his back on the negative to focus on the mundane…which is all well and good but where is the intrigue?  Where is the controversy?

Now, Perez Hilton has become just like everyone else…a rat in a cage…a hand puppet for the famous.  I go to his site every now and then but I may as well be on any celeb-site, there’s no bite, no payoff…I’m not saying it’s better to be berating these celebutards but if you want to stand out - STAND OUT!  Don’t spoon feed me the same info - much later then other sites I may add - and expect me to drool.         

In the over-saturated world of celebrity news, now he’s just another brick in the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment