Ten Worst Celeb Tippers Ever
Check out this list of the worst celeb tippers that was "put together by Lee Klein of the New Times." He says "he compiled information from more than a half-dozen sites devoted to tipping."
You'd be surprised who the cheapo weepos are! I was.
10. Rachael Ray This ho showed up on a lot of the lists apparently as a gnarly cheap tipper. She "Tipped $1 on a $10 tab" according to List of the Day, which also pointed out the fact that she "[promotes] less than a 20% tip on a show that millions of people watch!" Well, fuck her eh?
9. Bill Cosby took the #6 rank on Glamorati's list of 34 notoriously bad tippers, (and he's also on about every other list outed for his less than stellar tipping.) Once he left a $3 tip on a $350 order. Well, whatever! It's BILL COSBY! You mofos take what he gives you and be thankful for that! BILL COSBY! (I'm sooo starstruck!)
8. Sean Penn and three others allegedly once had "New Orleans waiters waiting on them hand and foot. The tip left on a $450 tab? Absolutely nothing." Glamorati says, "There are lots of instances of Sean Penn stiffing waitstaff." Penn is also ranked number three on the Frisky's compilation of measly stars. Really weird because I thought dude was all about helping people out! He is very philanthropic though (and married Madonna!!! *screeching like a Belieber*) - so we'll let him slide...
7. Mariah Carey (ugh) is said to have kept a restaurant open late for a bigass party and afterwards Glamorati and the New York Post outed her assholedness by printing "Mariah and crew were very diva-ish with their demands. Despite keeping staffers jumping and a high tab, no one left a tip." Dumb bitch.
6. Usher is always on these lists including the Stained Apron's 44 tipping "sinners," and has the illustrious honor of holding the number five spot on the Frisky. Glamorati says he, "always tries to get someone else to pick up the bill," and a pretty popular story about the Bieber's mentor is one where Usher once left his autograph as a tip. Hope JB doesn't copy that from him though I'm sure some are THRILLED with being left shit like this.
5. Jeremy Piven once showed up at Nobu in Aspen with 12 of his bros without a reservation. After being seated and served, "Piven reportedly told the manager: 'Thanks for nothing,' and left a signed Entourage DVD as the tip (editors note: cost of DVD left = from $29.95+, cost of an average dish at Nobu = $30, cost of being the awesome ARI GOLD = priceless.) In his defense, the webiste says an 18% gratuity is automatically added for parties of 6 or more. Anyways, according to the story, "a Nobu employee hurled the box at Piven as he was leaving, and Piven was banned from ever returning." This earned Piven the number one "worst tipper" spot on Zimbio's list of ten worst, number two on thefrisky.com, and at or near the top on a shitload of others. At least Ari only had one incident of being a douche though...
4. LeBron James placed number four on thefrisky.com's list. Once James made a Cleveland steak house stay open until 4 am so he could get his Sizzler on and the bill totaled $800 on which he left a whopping $10. Friggin' athletes and their super-sized contracts! And who the fuck eats $800 worth of food at a steakhouse? Jesus Christ! This guy's arteries are prob more clogged up than Lindsay's crackpipe.
3. Barbra Streisand has several mentions on several lists - she "doesn't always tip," and Thefrisky.com says that at a NY restaurant, Streisand once "left a $10 tip for a $457 tab." In my opinion she seems like a D-I-V-A anyway - I don't expect her to be to courteous to waitstaff as it is. No big shock - moving on...
2. Madonna (NOOO! Say it ain't so, Madge!) In 2008 Glamorati placed Madonna at number one in its list of the 34 stingiest celebs. Allegedly she, "doesn't always leave a tip, and when she does it's a cheap one." Oh snap! In 2009, List of the Day put her on top of its cheapster listing saying that Madonna and Guy Ritchie left an $18 tip on a $400 tab. She is the number one bad tipper at thefrisky.com, number five on zimbio.com's list of worst tippers, and is also on LoveToKnow's survey as well. Dammit, Madge! You're richer than fucking Beyonce and she tips like she's drunk. Material girl indeed...
1. Tiger Woods takes the top spot on this list and came in number four on Zimbio's. He is the only one perhaps who is on ALL of them. He always says the reason he doesn't tip is because he never carries cash. The Frisky says Tiger once dated "a gal in Las Vegas who had to tip for him whenever they went out." Well no one said he was a gentlemen lol. Also List of the Day said Tiger once "pulled a mulligan on a $5 tip, repocketing the money meant for a waitress after realizing he had tipped her earlier in the evening. He was possibly distracted by the $10,000 hand of blackjack he was playing." Or maybe he was distracted by the constant sexts he was getting from strippers and whores, yo! Distracted or not - pretty sure that guy's just a douche.
Obvi these rich jerks can do whatever they want with their bank - but as someone who used to work in food service - it's simply an asshole move to tip someone who works their ass off less then at least 15%. And come on, who wants to be known as an asshole?
Image Via www.mopo.ca