12.02.2011

Woman Says She Was Held Captive For 12 Years on Scientology Cruise Ship


What? 

I don't mean to sound like an insensitive dickhead here, but there could be worse places to be held captive than a cruise ship!  Scientologists are a little creepy though so...I get it.  Probably made her watch a shitload of Tom Cruise movies or something...

The story goes that Valeska Paris (a Swiss woman) is claiming she was held captive for 12 years on the Church of Scientology's cruise ship - Freewinds.  She says Scientology leader David Miscavige sent her to live on the ship when she was 18, never allowing her to leave without supervision and/or without "...having her engage in hard labor."

Seriously...what?  Joey Potter is OKAY with this shit!?!  I don't remember any Scientologists on the creek!!!  Mitch Leery would've prob kicked their asses!  Aw...RIP Mitch Leery!  

Paris says that, "I was basically hauled in and told that my mum had attacked the church and that I needed to disconnect from her because she was suppressive.  She added that her mother left the church after her husband killed himself after a Scientology deal duped him out of millions of dollars."

ACK!

Paris says, "I did not want to be there, I made it clear I did not want to be there and that was considered bad ethics, meaning it was considered not right.  They take your passport when you go on the ship and you're in the middle of an island. So it's a bit hard [to escape] and by that time I was 18, I'd been in Scientology my whole life, it's not like I knew how to escape."

Shady, shady!  Someone should call John Travolta's bald ass up!

Paris finally left the cruise ship in 2007 (thank fuck for that!  Ugh - too many buffets can drive ANYONE nutso!) and left the Church of Scientology altogether in 2010.

Stay strong Boo!  And stay the hell away from religions who have science-fiction writers as their Gods. 

Image Via www.radaronline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment