12.13.2011

The Official Color of 2012 Has Been Released


And it's...orange.  Tangerine Tango to be exact.  Now I don't want to brag but I studied colors in school when I was 12 and I'm pretty sure my color wheel di'int have no Tangerine Tango shit on it!  Are we just makin' up colors now?  Is that what we're doin'? 

(I blame Jersey Shore for the orangeyness of this years winner BTW...)

Pantone (the global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries) has announced Tangerine Tango as the official color of the year 2012.  They describe it as "a vivacious, enticing hue" that is "sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it.  Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy."

What?  What does that even mean?  And there's a color of the year?  I've been walking around wearing random colors for fucking ever like a dickhead! 

2011 is Honeysuckle FYI - but I don't even know what color that is!  Really!  What the hell kind of goddamn bastard color is that?  Like brown? 

Dammit!  

Image Via www.pantone.com


No comments:

Post a Comment