9.15.2011

Michelle Williams On Playing Marilyn Monroe


Sing it with me now, I don't wanna wait, for our lives to be over...

Jen Lindley aka Michelle Williams sure has come a long way from the creek!  Sure, she's not married to gay (shhh) superstar Tom Cruise, she wasn't in the EPIC comedy Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back nor has she starred in something called Pacey-Con on YouTube.  But she's doing just fine!  She was nominated for an Oscar for that gay cowboy movie and had a cutie patootie little girl with the amazing actor the late Heath Ledger (RIP).

Well, now she's starring in the newest Norma Jean Marilyn Monroe flick called My Week With Marilyn (why the hell do we need another one of these?) and she says that the process of becoming the gnarly, pill-popping slore who slept her way to the top was tough on both her psyche and her body.

On getting those Marilyn hips:
"Unfortunately, it (weight) went right to my face. So at some point it became a question of, 'Do I want my face to look like Marilyn Monroe's or my hips?' It felt like being reborn." 

On pulling off that spacey, drugged-out Marilyn look:
"It felt like breaking my body and remaking it in her image, learning how she walked and talked and held her head. None of that existed in my physical memory, and I knew I needed as much time as possible to make it part of me."

On researching the icon:
"I'd go to bed every night with a stack of books next to me. And I'd fall asleep to movies of her. It was like when you were a kid and you'd put a book under your pillow hoping you'd get it by osmosis."

Whatever, I'm actually a pretty big fan of Jen Lindley's but not so much of Marilyn's.  As far as I'm concerned that ho was the 50s answer to Kim Kardashian and that ain't a compliment. 

Image Via www.refinery29.com

No comments:

Post a Comment