8.22.2011

The Burger King is Hittin' the Unemployment Line


In an effort to appeal to the "mom" crowd and a quest to inject images of fresh produce dripping with farm fresh dew into ads to promote healthiness - the long-time Burger King mascot has been dropped by the fast food giant.  Oh snap!  The job situation just got worse!  They're even laying off fictional characters now!  OBAMAAAAA save us all!!!!

USA Today reports that, "The campaign focuses on the national launch of the California Whopper, which includes guacamole."  And that the ads have no words, just "the sights and sounds of the fresh ingredients being washed, sliced and diced."

I don't really eat this crap but I like to get down with a greasy burger every now and then.  I'm not so sure that barraging the consumer with quick shots of lettuce being sliced and the addition of some guac on a Whopper will convince people it's any less artery-clogging but I'm a cynic.

Let's not piss in my Cheerios and call it milk, okay?  

With the recent firing in these hard economic times I'm thinking NO characters can claim job safety anymore - who's next?  Tony the Tiger maybe?  I hear he's anti-vegan...Or maybe, the Hamburglar???  His pro-red meat agenda has been quite clear for some time and he STEALS SHIT!!!  That's so wrong!  

The guy was mad creepy looking though eh???  TOTAL sketchfest!  Ugh!  You can keep your flame-broiled meat away from my ass, you creepy fuck!  And BTW if they stop giving those BK crowns to me when I'm all hammered...well, let's just say it WON'T be pretty!

Image Via www.onedigitallife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment